# How Much Money Does It Really Cost to Start a Clothing Brand in 2023?
Starting a clothing brand can be an exciting venture, but it also requires a significant amount of investment. In this video, Jake breaks down the realistic costs of starting a competitive clothing brand in 2023, including essential and extra expenses. As an experienced clothing brand owner, Jake shares his insights on what it takes to succeed in the industry and provides price summaries to help viewers plan their budget effectively.
## Essential Expenses for Starting a Clothing Brand
To run a clothing brand, there are a few basic things that you can’t do without, and they come at a cost:
– Clothing blanks for making clothes, which can cost $7 to $15 per shirt depending on the quality
– Print service for adding designs to your clothing line, which would cost $210 to $450 for a batch of 30 units
– Polymailers for shipping your products, which cost around $19 for a 100-count pack on Amazon
– Website for online sales, which can cost $15 to $30 per month (Jake recommends Shopify)
– Social media accounts for digital marketing and building an online presence
Jake emphasizes that you need to allocate funds for these expenses to set up your clothing brand correctly.
## Extra Expenses for Growing Your Clothing Brand
Aside from the essentials, investing in the following can improve your clothing brand’s operations and chances of success:
– Label printer for printing labels and packing slips, such as the Rolo brand thermal printer that costs $180
– Email system for sending newsletters, news, and updates to your customers, which can cost $20 to $300 per month depending on email list size and frequency of use
– SMS system for sending text messages to your customers for promotions, news, and updates, which also costs $20 to $300 or more per month
– Improved shipping system for easier shipping, which costs $20 per month and up depending on which service you choose
– Building relationships with potential customers and other entrepreneurs in your industry on social media and other platforms
– Advertising on social media to reach a wider audience and increase sales
Jake provides an estimate of $319 fixed cost for polymailers and a computer/tablet, plus $35 to $84 per month in recurring subscriptions, to help viewers calculate their total expenses.
In the video, Jake shares other tips, such as the benefits of pre-order vs. inventory system, finding a local print service, and creating a business plan. Overall, this video provides valuable insights and realistic guidance for anyone looking to start a clothing brand.
Seaggs Vector Mockup Pack from [seaggs.com](https://seaggs.com/collections/all/products/seaggs-vector-mockup-pack-1?variant=39673607716958)
Jake’s websites: [seaggs.com](https://seaggs.com/) and [magdalsade.com](https://magdalsade.com/)
Social media accounts: [byseaggs](https://www.instagram.com/byseaggs/) and [magdalsade](https://www.instagram.com/magdalsade/)
Tags: How to start a clothing brand, how to start a streetwear brand, how to grow a clothing brand, how to grow a streetwear brand, how much money to start a brand, how much it costs to start a brand, how to make a hoodie, how to make a shirt, how to make a successful clothing brand, how to make a successful streetwear brand, how to design clothes, how to make clothing brand logo, how to make mockups.
In this video I go over how much money it realistically costs to start a competitive clothing brand in 2023, as well as including some extra stuff.
Seaggs Vector Mockup Pack
How to start a clothing brand, how to start a streetwear brand, how to grow a clothing brand, how to grow a streetwear brand, how much money to start a brand, how much it costs to start a brand, how to make a hoodie, how to make a shirt, how to make a successful clothing brand, how to make a successful streetwear brand, how to design clothes, how to make clothing brand logo, how to make mockups